Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To be an innovative leading department in the domain of Electronics and Communication Engineering in promoting academic growth by offering UG, PG and Ph.Dprogrammes to augment the industrial and societal needs through cutting edge research activities.
- To offer UG, PG and Ph.Dprogrammes in Electronics and Communication Engineering through State-of-art facilities and Technology Enabled Teaching Methodologies.
- To produce exemplary Electronics and Communication Engineers to meet the contemporary requirements of the industries and institutions.
- To excel in research and development activities along with establishing collaborative research ventures and linkages with leading organizations.
- To cultivate entrepreneurial skill and concern for society among students.
B.TECH ECE - PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Graduates will be successful Electronics and Communication Engineering Professionals in industries, Highereducation and research.
- Graduates will be technically competent in identifying, analyzing and creating appropriate Electronics andCommunication engineering solutions to become an entrepreneur.
- Graduates will work as a member and lead following ethical practices.
- Graduates will strive to develop their knowledge and skills throughout their career for the benefit of thesociety.
B.TECH – ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- Able to apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering and Technology in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Capable to identify and analyze the Electronics and Communication engineering problems.
- Proficient to provide solutions to meet the specific needs of the public health, safety, environment and society.
- Competent to conduct experiments, interpret the data and compare the performance and provide solutions for complex problems.
- Adept to handle modern Electronics and Communication Engineering tools, equipment and software.
- Skillful to design Electronics and Communication products and validate by analysis and test for the benefit of the society towards safety and legal issues.
- Efficient to develop aElectronics and Communication system or process to meet the economical growth, ecofriendly environment and sustainability.
- Instill to integrate professional, ethical and social responsibility in all walks of life.
- Masterful to lead the group activities or as a team member for best outputs.
- Effective to comprehend and formulate reports, deliver presentations and respond to the queries with clear ideas.
- Capable to incorporate business practices and project management for the economical growth of the nation.
- Able to update technical knowhow and engage in lifelong learning to meet the challenges of the modern world.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- PSO1:Will be able to specialize in networking practice.
- PSO2:Will be able to specialize in wireless communications pertaining to physical layer.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was started in October, 1988. It aims to produce quality professionals in Electronics and communication engineering to compete globally and excel by carrying out basic and applied research in emerging areas.
The Department is accredited by National Board of Accreditations for the year 1998, 2001, 2004, and 2009 respectively.
The Department is fully equipped with variouslaboratories for students such as Communication Engineering, Digital Signal Processing / VLSI /Embedded System / Networks/ Nanostructure Simulation , Digital Electronics , Electronics/Linear Integrated Circuits/Micro Nano Systems ,Fiber Optics/Nano Photonics , Microprocessors and Microcontrollers Laboratory ,Microwave and Research Laboratories such as Centre for Centre of Excellence for Next Generation Networks(CNGN) , Nano Material characterization , Nano Materials Synthesis.
The Department organized National Conference, Symposia, Seminars, Exhibitions & Short term courses on advanced topics.
Electronics & Communication Engineering Department is a dynamic and vibrant department with about 26 highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members with 12 academic support staff (Technical) and 1 administrative staff.
- B.Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering (Full time & Part time)
- M.Tech - Wireless Communication Systems (Full time & Part time)
- M.Tech – Nano Technology (Full time & Part time)
- M.Tech – Nano Technology(Integrated) Full Time
- Ph.D – (Full Time & Part Time)