Department of Mathematics
The department of mathematics was established in the year 1988 with an objective to provide inputs in the subject of mathematics which helps the students to raise their standards in the application part of mathematics in their respective field. The department has well experienced, highly qualified, and committed staff members.
The Department also guides many B.Tech., M.Phil., and Ph.D scholars in their projects and dissertations. The faculty members have published many research papers in reputed journals in addition to presentations of research papers in the National and International conference.
- M.Sc - Mathematics
- M.Phil - Mathematics
- Ph.D. - Full time and Part time
The Department organizes
- Training programme for numerical aptitude tests
- Foundation course for the first year students
- Bridge course for the Lateral Entry students
- Workshops, Seminars, National / International Conferences, for the subject up-gradation
- Special Coaching for non-maths students
- Remedial classes for slow learners
Research and Development Activities
- Areas of specialization - Algebra, Topology, and Graph Theory, Stochastic Processes,Fuzzy logic and Matrix theory
- Organized a Two day International Conference on Algebra and its Applications (ICOAA)funded by the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM-DAE), Mumbai. Experts from Italy, Germany, the United States and various parts of India took part in the two day event.
- Organized International conference on Recent trends in Discrete Mathematics and its Applications to Science and Engineering (ICODIMA).