* E.V.Ramasamy popularly known as “Thanthai Periyar” the great revolutionary thinker and Social reformer led the society towards “Egalitarianism”
* Periyar worked for the emancipation of the suppressed, oppressed, socially marginalized “working class” and pulled them out from the clutches of the dominations in the name of caste, creed and religion.
* Periyar served for abolition of untouchablity and social inequality.
* Periyar is the real emancipator of the women folk and a motivator for their education.
* Awakened the poor and the gullible from the clutches of obscurantist philosophy and superstition.