Department of Physics
The physics department was established in the year 1988. The department is having highly qualified and well-experienced faculty members. The department is carrying out various research works in the fields of crystal growth, thin films, vacuum tube collectors, Spectroscopy
The department is offering M.Sc-Physics, M.Phil as regular courses and Ph.D as full/part time program. The department is having a well-equipped laboratory, which fulfills the need of B.Tech, M.Sc Physics, M.Phil and Ph.D candidates.
- B. Sc Physics
- M.Sc Physics
- Ph.D (Full Time & Part Time)
- Practising e-learning & teaching for the students in full fledged manner and e-content CD distributed to all the first year students.
- Submission of Mini Project by the students practiced to improve their scientific knowledge, and thinking level.
- Hands on Training to operate Thinfilm coating unit.
- Faculties Published Applied Physics book and Lab manuals for first year B. Tech students.
- Well established and spacious laboratories
- Department Library with updated books.
Research Facilities & Research areas
- Spray pyrolysis research laboratory for PG students, M.Phil and Ph.D research scholars.
- Research activities are being carried out in Thin film, crystal growth, Crystallography, material science, Solar energy, NDT and solar vacuum tube collectors.
- Published papers in peer reviewed International and National scientific journals.
- Opportunity to work on projects through the Periyar R&D centre for Solar and Bioenergies,
- Collaborative research work with IISc, Bengaluru in the field of Shockwave Technology.